Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Goats!

Last week we got to enjoy the sunshine at the farm and visit the new baby goats! My grandfather has a Polo Farm north of Atlanta and there's always something fun to do up there. My Aunt and Mom {Mia as the kids call her} just got two miniature goats. They are already jumping and climbing even though they are only about 2 weeks old. The boys {and I} loved them!



{Wells holding the little girl. We were thinking about naming her Heidi...what do you think?}


{Tate {my little brother}, Wells and Fielding watching Heidi climb about.}

{Proud "mama" ~ Aunt Heath}

{Fielding playing on the old but still in use gas tank...I'm sure I probably shouldn't have let him touch it...probably had lead paint....}

{Mia and Wells feeding the baby.}

Fielding loved the goats but was not happy when we brought out the bottles to feed them. He thought the bottles were for him! He was so frustrated that I had to nurse him right then and there.

{Wells did a good job.}

Both of the boys got to ride too! It was Wellington's second lesson and Fielding's first! They are naturals.

{First riding lesson!}

{cowboy}

After lunch, riding, playing with and feeding the goats, we walked down to the river pasture and played in the creek {threw sticks in}. Our trip to the farm reminded me of my childhood. I spent hours and hours at the barn playing, working, and walking around the farm. I love being outdoors and hope I can be diligent to instill a love of nature into my boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment