Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Binder Cover

My first tutorial!!

So I am awful when it comes to actually filing. I love to be organized, but it takes me weeks to get the paper work into the folders. So, I figured that maybe if they are cute I would put them somewhere more accessible and I would file more frequently.

Start off with your binder {filled or empty}.

Place your binder on your fabric - right or wrong side of fabric up. I cut with the right side up so I could cut along the pattern. Use 1/2" seam allowance. Cut a little more than 1/2" around the perimeter of your binder.

Cut 2 panels to make the sleeves. For a 1" binder, my pieces were (1) 12 3/4" x 23" & (2) 12 3/4" x 7" .

Fold over one side of the small fabric pieces 1/2" and sew to make a clean edge. Sew second piece. NOTE: if your fabric has a pattern, be sure to sew the appropriate edges so when it's on the folder, both sides will have the pattern going in the same direction.

Pin your inside panels onto the large piece taking note of your pattern. Sew small panels on.

Fold your cover right side out. I left the middle part without any seam and just ironed it down. You may want to sew yours down.

Insert folder! I super glued labels onto the sides.

1 comment: