Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fall Days, A Happy Thanksgiving...and a christmas tree!


The days up until Thanksgiving were beautiful! And then...the cold came. :( But during those nice days Wells got a lesson in mowing the lawn. He loves playing with the lawn mower and blower in the garage. When Josh let him help him for a minute he was in heaven. :) Let's hope the enthusiasm lasts a looonnggg time. :)


We visited my favorite park again! This time we fished off the dock....with no luck. But it was fun trying. We had more luck attracting people than fish. Tell me this, who comes two feet from you with their child, narrates what someone does and then sits down right there and watches you? Without talking to you or thinking their being annoying?? This was very strange behavior....
Anyway, Wells had a great time.




Thanksgiving was a great day for us. We didn't get to play our normal football game {just too many little ones that can't participate and need supervision}, but we had family time all day. The boys and I made Sweet Potato casserole {I'll post the link to the recipe under the Recipes tab} and mashed sweet potatoes the day before. Thursday morning we made cinnamon rolls and got coffee for the family and headed over to Josh's parents' house around 10am. Josh fried a turkey and hung out with the guys while I played with the kids and caught up with the girls. After an early lunch there and Fielding's nap, we headed to my grandparents' to hang out with my side of the family along with all the random people and adopted family members. It was a full day. I love that we have a day set aside for remembering to whom we are thankful and what we are thankful for. I'm thankful for my husband, children, family, health, provision of more than I need, and to be able to stay at home with my children. I know I am very blessed and hope I am being a good steward of all God has given me. I always think of what Andy Stanley taught about making wise decisions when I think of being a good steward. He says to think about this ~ "In light of your past experience, present circumstances, and future hopes and dreams, what is the wise thing to do?" I know that doesn't exactly go with a Thanksgiving theme...but it was in my train of thought so I thought I'd share that too. :) Along those lines, we're thinking about moving...more about that later :). Here are some Thanksgiving pictures!!

Wells cleaning potatoes for me.
Fielding being happy on the floor...this was a huge help!

Me in my new apron that I made ~ after making like 8 I finally kept one! :)
Fielding at Poppop and Grandma's.

Sweet potato topping - yum!

Josh's turkey pot.

Cooking the turkey!

Wells just wants to do whatever his Daddy is doing. :)

Looks like Fielding isn't so sure about this frying business.

Getting ready.
I didn't get anymore pictures of the feast...guess I got caught up in everything but it was beautiful and fun and couldn't ask for a more loving family ~ on both sides.
Next up ~ Christmas tree shopping!!
Every year we try to get a christmas tree on November 27th. This is a special day as it's the birthday of my brother, Hanson, who passed away at 6 months old. This year we were all together on the 26th doing family pictures so we decided to head out for convenience sake. It was freezing!!!! We went, cut down a tree and then sadly everyone headed to their own home. It had gotten late and things are just more complicated with the three little ones. Here is a picture of Josh, Wells and Dawson {my brother in law} warming themselves by the stove {really they are trying to get a glimpse of the Auburn game}.

Family photo...expect that you can't really see the kids ~ HA!

Dane, Mia and little Josiah. Since we hadn't planned on going to get a tree that night we all bundled up with whatever we had. Luckily my mom had room in her jacket. :)

Wells helped cut down the tree too!

We didn't get a tree {again...maybe next year} but we did get greenery. I made a garland for the door. Looks pretty good! I'll take a some pictures after I get all the decorations up.


Wells helping me cut the garland I just spent an hour making and hanging....it doesn't matter. Kids learn through being able to try new things and sometimes I just have to let it go....it's not a big deal and he had a great time thinking he was helping me. :)


Have a great day! Thanks for reading such a long post!

Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment