Wednesday, November 3, 2010

First fruits and Cowboys

Rainy days at home are always nice once in a while. My morning started off with Wells throwing up all over my bed and me. Amazingly, I wasn't grossed out. Movies and saltines seem to be treating him well right now.

I finally got to pick something from my garden! My Swiss Chard has done really well. I made a creamy pasta dish with it....It was alright. Not something I think I'll grow in the future. But it does look pretty!

{Swiss Chard}

This weekend I made apple sauce for the first time ever! It was easy and tastes great. I had my little helper with me. He just loves to bake.






{The finished product! Fielding has been enjoying this mixed with his oatmeal.}

Since I had so many apples, Josh was great to make one of his apple pies for me. Ya'll ~ he makes the dough from scratch and it is soo good! We had it for lunch Sunday right out of the oven. Yum. :)

Halloween ~ Josh and I were brought up not celebrating this holiday. We had planned on not participating but it now just seems like a fun day to hang out with friends, dress up and eat candy. Obviously, our convictions have waned. Thus, Wells and I went trick or treating for the first time together. We hung out with our friends Steven, Karen, and William. It was a fun low key night. Here are the boys. Wells was a cowboy and William a cute pumpkin!

{On our way to the Hoffers.}

{The choochoo set was the highlight of the night. I think I'll have to get some for Christmas.}

{The boys. :) I hope they are friends forever!}


{Poor Fielding. He was just along for the ride.}



So that was Halloween....Sorry for so many pictures! I just couldn't choose which to leave out. Monday was errand day. And I must confess that I tried to do too much and was a bit selfish with my time. I feel bad for making Fielding skip a nap and not keeping my promise to go to the park with the boys. Luckily the boys don't have great memories right now. :)
Last night was date night! We haven't had a date in a very long time. We went up to the park and played tennis for about an hour and a half then went and had wings. It was fun! My mom watched the boys for us. They love her so much! I've said this before, but it's so nice to leave them knowing they're in great hands and they enjoy their sitter.
Okay....now I need to get on with my day. Laundry and banana bread are on the agenda for today. Then trying out my new Dutch oven! I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment