Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Slight disaster but we keep on truckin'

Hello All! We've made some progress this week. Although, it's hard to remember when things happen now. We took our first load of stuff over a few days ago. It's nice to have some of the boxes out of the way. Our disaster involved the pouring of the concrete, our back yard, front stoop and concrete poured into one of our new drains. Since that day, {I think it was last Wednesday??} I've been exhausted, tense and ready to be done with contractors and subs.

I'm also done with making big purchases off craigslist. I've had a series of bad decisions this week and am a bit frustrate with myself....We bought a washer and dryer from someone and it all fits...just hope it actually works when we get it in. We also ordered a beverage cooler for the kitchen ~ I'm very excited about that. And some pull out trash cans for next to the sink!

The wood floors went in this week! It's amazing how it pulls things together. It will be a few weeks until we can do the finish since we want everything else to be done or close to it.


I
I love the closet with wood floors. I'm hoping to convince Josh to build shelves for us....We'll see about that later on.

Here's Wellington's room with paint and cleaned up. It's a light blue...kind of hard to tell with this picture.


Fielding's room is also blue ~ almost the exact same color. No, I did not intend that. The colors just didn't turn out the way I thought they would. Oh well.

The guest room is the same as most of the down stairs.

The boys and I have eaten out a little more than normal recently. They've been troopers.

Stucco also went up last week! It's still a different color. Sent the outdoor colors to the contractor today....so I think they're painting later this week!

I really liked the stucco guys. They seemed like they knew what they were doing and were very helpful to me. So refreshing.



We also got to play at the spray ground with the Henrys then show them the house. Over the weekend, Josh worked really hard putting trim and baseboards back up. I haven't seen it in person, but his pictures look great. His work will really help us move along this week.

On the back of the property we have black berries! Those brambles are staying until the fruit is done. Then I'm going in with the weedeater and roundup.

The concrete. *sigh* I'm tired of the whole situation. Basically, they didn't do what we told them to do. They drove on the back yard creating deep grooves. Crushed the drainage pipes. Did a terrible job with leveling, and didn't use a form board on the front stoop, and poured concrete in a drain. Right now, I think we're going to tear the back out and redo. Not sure...We'll see. It's started innocently like this...


And then I left....









On a more fun note, I went to a granite place today. It. Was. Awesome. They do everything in this warehouse. I selected a few to get quotes on for the kitchen and am waiting for a quote.




That was last week. Yesterday we had fun at Lake Lanier with family and got sufficiently burned. We came home for naps then ate leftover pizza, watched Toy Story 3 on netflix, hung out with Paul and Karyn, then put the kids to bed. After they were in bed we heard fireworks going off despite the rain. So we got umbrellas and got the kids out of bed. For about 20 minutes we stood in the yard with the rain coming down watching fireworks over the treetops. Hey - at least we got to see some. Maybe next year we'll get to see a bonifide show.


I think we're making progress on potty training. Fielding woke up this morning with crusty eyes again. Went to the pediatrician ~ pink eye in both eyes and the beginning of an ear infection. Poor guy.


Ok, I think I naps are needed. That's all for now!


Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment