Friday, June 24, 2011

One month progress

A month has gone by...and we're getting closer everyday. The boys and I {well, Josh, too} are exhausted but keep chugging along. I think we went to the new house every day this week. Some days we stayed longer than others, but still - it's tiring for the littles to do something daily. We're making progress, but we're in a stage where the house just seems really dirty inside and out and not a lot of "wow" progress. Hopefully we'll get that this week. We passed 2 inspections this week, which means we can put back all the drywall that was down. Wawhoo! The guys were putting back the dried out insulation in the garage today along with new drywall. During the time I have been home over the last 2 weeks, I refinished this night stand that I had. I think it will go nicely in Wells' new room.

All the new windows and doors are in and they look great! I love having these french doors leading to the back yard. Hopefully next week we will have a concrete slab where Wellington is standing. It's soo muddy at the house right now!


This window is replaced but they brought the wrong one :/. It's supposed to be frosted....we will see whether we get a replacement.

Back at home, our garden has been doing really well! We've harvested lots of white and purple onions, several zuchini and a cucumber or two. I have about 30 green tomatoes that I'm waiting on to ripen. Everything has been delicious! I love growing my own food!


We've also been potty training again. It seems like it's more mommy training/remembering to take Wells to the toilet. He hasn't told me he's needed to go or gone #2 on the pot the entire time. So frustrating. But my floors are very sanitized!! I have the hardest time keeping them off the couches too. They love throwing the pillows off. Wells was not supposed to be doing this....


Sherwin Williams is getting lots of my money and I'm sure they are getting tired of me coming in. However, they have been so great and helpful! Today I got a sample of my trim color. I think I've nailed that down but have yet to buy the big bucket. The other day Wells fell asleep on the way to SW. He stayed asleep while I put him in the stroller {normally for Fielding}, slept the whole time we were in SW, and only woke up while we ran thru the pouring rain to the car. Yea, I think we was a little worn out. Oh, I even had to put his shoes on before putting him in the stroller too!


The master bedroom is now painted! So much better than the dark teal that was there. It's going to be very white/creamy in there, but I love it!


The floors are here! Hurray! We have the floor guy coming to install on Monday. We may have to push that back so we can get some dry wall up. But, it's going in soon!


This picture is taken from the sitting room looking out the french doors. The concrete patio will be right where all that mud is now.




The garage. The guys were getting to work on the drywall.



Yesterday I was at the house for 4.5 hours. I didn't get nearly as much work done as I should have, but my mom, dad and brother stopped by for a while and I got to walk them through the progress. I let the boys play in our master tub. The hot water didn't work yet, but they didn't mind. They had a blast. Anything to keep them happy sometimes...and let mommy work nearby.


Here's Fielding in the front yard. We had a picnic on Tuesday at the house then watered some transplanted shrubs. This kid loves the hose.


The stucco guys are supposed to come tomorrow and set up scafolding, and they say they will work in the rain next week if needs be. Our contractor said he hopes to be done with all his stuff by the end of next week. Do you know how excited that made me?!?!


Oh yes, Lowes is also getting a lot of my time and money. The boys don't mind cause they get to drive the lawn mowers each time on our way in. They are going to be sooo excited when we get a new mower! I like the John Deers myself.


We also painted our master bathroom...still needs a lot of work, but it's sure better than that yellow! Can't wait to paint that black. We hope to do a full remodel, but that will be a year or two down the road.


Here's a reminder of the yellow....


Mud. That's about all we have left in the front of the house. *sigh* Someday, we'll have money to do landscaping....My dad drew a cool plan for us to day dream about. Pretty cool.


A shot of our new front windows, irrigation, and front stoop that collects water now. I think that is going to be replaced next week too with the right pitch.







That's where we are now! It's 9:45pm on Friday night but I think I'm going to head to bed! Ha!




~Helen

1 comment:

  1. Looks great, Helen! Cannot wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete