Sunday, July 17, 2011

Another week down

Below is one of my little pirates. We had a great time this weekend celebrating the birthdays of Michaela and then later my friend Lindsay. Wellington and Fielding were pirates for the kid party. :)
And here you see Wellington "relaxing" has he told me. We had lunch at the new house several times last week. I guess this is what Wells likes to do after a nice meal.





This week we worked on the cabinets, garage and floor. None are completely done. All look a lot better and the progress is exciting to see. Here's a picture of the cabinets with primer.




We painted the cabinets inside and out. It was great that we had nice weather most of the week. They guys were able to paint cabinet doors in the garage and outside. As you can see...the garage is a mess and was partially painted and drawn on. But now it has a nice coat of white paint!



I think the cabinets looked better even with primer!



The laundry room is all in! Cabinets have just been cleaned. I'll probably paint them sometime later. They are fine for now. Love that I have a sink in there!





We went with a lightened version of Sherwin Williams' "Chopsticks" for the cabinets. They are a very soft cream, a little darker than our trim. I haven't picked out knobs yet...maybe tomorrow. We plan to go with oiled bronze hardware.



Sorry for the fuzziness....Just another view of the cabinets painted.






We're finally to doing the floors! I remember talking about the floors as one of the last things to do. So exciting! They were supposed to be done today. However, true to form, the subs are not done and Josh actually went over today and did some work behind them. But everything is sanded and we have 2 coats of stain on the floor. They are not where I want them to be. We want a white painted floor but no one will do it for us. I guess they are concerned about durability. In the pictures below, the baseboard look aweful ~ please note that there is dust from the sander and they won't be that yellow. :) They boys were amazed by the sanding tools.






On top of the stain we will put down a polyurathain (sp), 2 or 3 coats, and then the quarter round trim. This week will be devoted to getting the floors done, garage finished {little painting left}, and the granite template made {Tuesday}. Also on my agenda is to get my boys healthy! They both have nasty noses still and now I am loosing my voice. Please pray for health and energy for us to finish. We have 14 days or less till we move in. It's gonna be crazy!






That's it for now! Have a wonderful week!



Helen

1 comment:

  1. it looks great helen! i love that you are painting the cabinets, they look GREAT! i love painted cabinets, though. your laundry room looks awesome, too.... the sink!!! what a treat! we can't wait to come see it!

    ReplyDelete