Friday, June 17, 2011

House Progress

Hi All! Things are really moving along. This is the end of 3 weeks working on the house, and I feel like we've made real progress. Although, the house is so dusty and dirty it seems like we've just made a big mess! So far, the addition has been put on. Here is the space {below} where the hand railing used to be...It took the framers only 2 days to put it up! I was amazed. It created a huge room that we will eventually finish ~ but for now it will stay plywood.

This is after the first day of framing ~ amazing! We've had a new roof put on. And today they are working on the soffets and facia (sp??) boards.
I've been spending as much time over there as possible...either with or without the boys. My friend Lindsey and my sister Joy have watched the boys for me making it so much easier to clean the grime. Notice our new roof below! And all that landscaping...gone. My dad is a landscaper/hydrologist and is helping us with the yard and some water issues. I don't think he liked anything that was there and they were in his way....So, it's pretty bare now. But here we are earlier this week having our first meal at the "new house".


And when I say grime, I mean grime! Here's a picture of the laundry room door. I had already scrubbed the top half. Some parts of the house are sooo gross. The boys like to help. Actually, Wells loves to help. Fielding is only there messing around because I'm forcing him to. He's going thru a very bratty stage. I hope we get thru this fast.

Here is the front stoop which needs some help with water flow. As you can see, all my bushes are gone. Instead, we have lots of mud. The boys think it's great ~ my car thinks otherwise.
Remember that ugly fire place and the entertainment nook? Look at this transformation! I just love my new windows. I think this will be my favorite room in the house. It makes me happy! :)
Our inspector is being pretty particular, so we're having do to a lot of drainage work. We will now have everything piped away from the house. I guess it's for the best. Where the boys are standing will be a concrete patio in a few weeks. Get ready for some back yard parties! :) {FYI food and drink may be a little sparse at the said parties...funds are being used elsewhere....our apologies}.


This picture was taken this afternoon. Windows are almost done. Marco {our awesome do anything guy} and his guys are painting the upstairs bedrooms and hallways. I have to go back to SW for more paint after Fielding wakes up {second trip for today...fourth I think for this week}. So another week down. Hope we can keep up this pace!

P.S. This shouldn't be a side note, but, Josh and I celebrated our 6th anniversary last Saturday and Sunday. We left the kids with my parents {first time leaving them} and stayed at a hotel downtown in Atlanta. It was AMAZING! We layed out by the pool, had a fabulous dinner at Nava, explored the hotel and went to bed early! HA! In the morning we swam some more, got Starbucks, and headed back to the burbs to get the kids. All week Wells has been asking to go back to Mia and Boss' :). I love that they love them so much. I'm so blessed to have an amazing husband. He's everything I need and we fit together so well. I can't imagine life without him and am glad he's stuck with me forever and ever. :)

~Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment