Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It feels like fall!



This weekend we got out and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Saturday the boys and I met up with my mom at a local antique fair. We walked around in the crisp air looking for bargains. I have a habit of not buying something when I see it. I find something I like, walk around, then go back if I've decided I really like it....That doesn't really work at antique fairs. Lol...but that's okay. I really didn't need to spend money anyway. I did get this cool jar full of buttons that will be good for projects this winter and a wall candle holder for the bathroom.


After the antiques we freshened up in the car {i.e. nursed Fielding and fed Wells the pbj I brought}. My mom stayed with me to help. Here is "Mia" playing with the boys.


From there we went to the city fair. I have to say, I probably shouldn't have tried the second fair. Josh was on the river fishing with his brother all morning and a crazy place with 2 hungry boys by myself was a bit of a challenge. We stayed there for maybe an hour...played on the air walk, ate a hot dog, got really dirty, wet and cranky then headed for home. I tried....

Sundays have been a day of rest for us as they should be. However, they have not been a day of worship which they also should be. Wells hates his class at church and the service is during Fielding's nap. Sooo, we haven't been going to church. I do feel like we are missing out and guilty, but it also very nice to stay at home with Josh on his one day off. I hope we start going again soon. I think we would all benefit from it. This past Sunday we worked on the house, napped, went for a walk, and read. It was very enjoyable. Who knows...maybe next week we'll make it to church!

No comments:

Post a Comment